Key Stage 3
You will be learning to speak, listen, read and write in your foreign language. By the time you sit your GCSE exams, you will have experienced writing about the different topics using different formats in the foreign language, as well as speaking in a range of different situations related to those topics.
A simplified breakdown of the key stage three programme of study is provided below:
|Year 7||Year 8|
|Half Term 1||My World.||Past Holidays|
|Half Term 2||Hobbies||Media|
|Half Term 3||School||Food and drink|
|Half Term 4||Family||Out and About|
|Half Term 5||Holidays||Future Holidays|
|Half Term 6||Project||Project|
Key Stage 4 – GCSE
A simplified breakdown of the GCSE programme of study is provided below:
|Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
|Half Term 1||Free Time||Life at school||Global Issues I|
|Half Term 2||Health||Family and Relationships||Global Issues II|
|Half Term 3||Town||The World of Work||Revision|
|Half Term 4||Holidays I||Customs and Festivals||Revision|
|Half Term 5||Holidays II||Free Time and Technology||Revision|
|Half Term 6||GCSE skills||GCSE skills||Revision|
How pupils’ learning will be assessed
Languages are assessed in four skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing. There are three papers and a speaking exam to complete:
- Paper 1: Listening – 25% of your final grade
- Paper 2: Speaking – 25% of your final grade
- Paper 3: Reading – 25% of your final grade
- Paper 4: Writing – 25% of your final grade
You will have to complete all the exams during year 11. The four exams are externally assessed and only one of them, the speaking exam, is conducted by your teacher. To make sure that you are well prepared for the year 11 exams, will be assessed on the four skills termly.
Additional Learning Resources
Revision opportunities and resources available in school:
- Friday period 6 intervention in Year 11
- Tuesday period 6 intervention in Year 10
- Students shared documents folder in school network
- Duolingo – A free, fun language-learning website and app which allows you to track your progress, level up and compete with friends.
- Spanishrevision.co.uk – A website full of interactive and downloadable Spanish GCSE revision resources, including past papers.
- Gojimo – A free website and app which provides access to thousands of practise quiz questions, as well as the option to track your progress, strengths and weaknesses.
- BBC GCSE Bitesize – A range of revision materials including downloadable audio bites.
- Quizlet – A free website with interactive revision flashcards, games and learning tools.
Spanish learning games, vocabulary builders, verb conjugation trainers and grammar resources from GCSE to A Level.