Associate Teacher/Literacy Interventions Lead
Specialist Assessor & Interventions Lead
LINK: GL Assessment
Read Write Inc. Phonics
Read Write Inc. Phonics is a complete literacy programme, for 4 to 7 year-olds learning to read and write and for 7 and 8 year-olds needing to catch up quickly.
The programme consists of:
- Learning the first 30 sounds in short daily sessions.
- Reading storybooks and non-fiction books closely matched to their developing phonic knowledge.
- Taking home Phonics storybooks to share.
- Learning to read with fluency and expression.
- Learning to spell using known sounds.
- Writing confidently by practising what they want to write out loud first.
- Working well with a partner.
Read Write Inc. Fresh Start
Read Write Inc. Fresh Start is designed to rescue struggling readers once and for all. This programme helps students with a reading age of 9 and below learn how to decode effortlessly, spell easily, and comprehend using age-appropriate texts.
- Gets children reading and writing fluently in 33 lessons.
- Uses rigorous assessment so every child is taught at the right level.
- Engages older children with age-appropriate comic strips, quizzes, amusing stories and edgy non-fiction texts.
- Uses simple and effective spelling strategies to increase confidence when writing.
Lexia Strategies is designed for struggling readers who are having difficulty with their fundamental literacy skills. Using a simple, age-appropriate interface, the program begins with skills at foundation, covering basic phonological awareness through advanced decoding skills, vocabulary development, and comprehension activities. Students work independently to develop reading skills in a structured, sequential manner while teachers receive the data and resources they need to support intervention and direct instruction.
- Engages and motivates students in a mature, age-appropriate environment.
- Accessible via iPad, Android tablets, Chromebook, browser, or download.
The Accelerated Reader program is a computerised program that tests reading comprehension. Students select books on their reading level, read independently, and take an independent comprehension test on the computer. Each book is worth a certain number of points based on its length and reading level.
Accelerated Reader gives teachers the information they need to monitor students’ reading practice and make informed decisions to guide their future learning.
A comprehensive set of reports reveals how much a student has been reading, at what level of complexity, and how well they have understood what they have read.
LINK: Accelerated Reader
Our Reading Ambassadors are passionate about books!
Being a Reading Ambassador is all about reading for pleasure and sharing the deep enjoyment of reading a great book with others. Our Reading Ambassadors have been chosen for their love of reading and their enthusiasm to share this by supporting and encouraging others to read.