New Phonics lessons every weekday on YouTube
To help children learning to read at home during school closure, we are streaming phonics, reading and spelling lessons every weekday on our YouTube channel.
Each lesson is ten to fifteen minutes long and available for 24 hours.
YouTube Speed Sounds lessons update
From 1st June:
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
New daily films:
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Reception.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y1.
- Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
- Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
Speed Sounds Set 1 – for children in Nursery and Reception and children who are new to English
- Set 1 Speed Sounds
- Set 1 Word Time
- Set 1 Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 – for children in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds and for children in Year 1 and 2
- Set 2 Speed Sounds and Word Time
- Set 2 Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 3 – for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds
- Set 3 Speed Sounds and Word Time
- Set 3 Spelling
Don’t worry if you miss a lesson. Once each set has been shown, we will replay one a day from each set.
For an updated schedule and further information on our new films, head to www.ruthmiskin.com.
Storytime with Nick
From Monday 20th April, we are releasing Storytime with Nick; films of well-loved stories read by Nick Cannon, a trained actor, teacher and trainer and a wonderful storyteller.
Three stories will be published each week on our YouTube channel and are ideal for Nursery, Reception and KS1 children. So far, we are filming stories by Jeanne Willis, Tom Percival, Jill Murphy, Cressida Cowell and Claire Freedman. Due to permissions from publishers, films are only available via a link on this page and via our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Most films will be available for the period of school closure.
EasyPeasy is an award winning app with hundreds of game ideas and activities to play with your 2 – 5 year old child at home, keeping them entertained and on track with their learning too!
Try proven games for free until 31st May. Parents and carers can sign up to get EasyPeasy on their mobile phone here.